Who doesn’t like a good deal? No one, right? A good deal means a good value, a favorable opportunity, a positive situation, a pleasing outcome. You’ve got all of those in Charleston, SC. A wonderfully livable city and plenty of good jobs in Charleston make this a very desirable area in 2020.
Charleston is a Good Deal
For the past five years, SmartAsset, a financial technology company, has published a study about “undervalued cities,” meaning that real estate property values are worth more than their cost—a good deal for buyers, and thus a smart investment. For three years running, Charleston has ranked in the top 10 cities among the 189 cities surveyed, claiming the number 8 position in both the 2018 and 2019 reports: https://smartasset.com/mortgage/undervalued-cities-2019
The rankings are based on the following criteria:
- Home value per square foot
- Dining and entertainment opportunities
- Violent crime rate
- High School graduation rate
- College degrees attained
- Unemployment rate (Yes, the outlook for jobs in Charleston is excellent!)
- Number of extreme temperature days
- Walkability rate
When you think about Charleston, you will most likely focus on the mild weather, the great beaches, the rich history and the charming Southern Hospitality. Then, you’ll also think about the great availability of outdoor sports including fishing, hiking, biking and boating. And, you’ll drool over the array of great food. (Oh, and add-in lower taxes too.) Sounds like a good deal, right? It’s no wonder that Charleston is ranked as one of the best places to live in the U.S.
A Review of the Charleston Economy in 2019
Highlights of the strong Charleston-area economy in 2019 include:
- Record home sales and increasing real estate values.
- The Port of Charleston, a key factor in the economy, set cargo records again in 2019.
- Unemployment rates continued to be below the national average.
- New direct flights to London increases the tourist interest in this area.
Charleston’s Labor Outlook
Jobs in Charleston include:
- Hospitality and service sector positions supporting a robust tourist industry
- Manufacturing, including Boeing and Nucor Steel
- Advertising, marketing and art professions
Seek Commercial Construction You Can Count On
Contact Carolina Services Inc., based in Charleston, a full-service construction company offering expert commercial construction, maintenance and repair, space planning and tenant fit-ups. Build a better business with quality craftsmanship, timely construction and accurate budgets.