Are you thinking about a remodel office project? While a bigger space may be necessary for a growing company, sometimes making the existing space better, more efficient, and more appealing is a great way to go, with an attractive payback.
The Benefits of a Renovation
Consider these renovation benefits for your remodel office endeavor:
- Enhance employee satisfaction and happiness.
- Improve the company’s image and leverage branding efforts.
- Create a stronger company culture.
- Achieve added work productivity and efficiency.
- Attract added business.
Bottom line, neither boring nor ineffective office spaces make sense in today’s highly competitive business environment.
Questions to Ask When Planning Office Updates
Ask yourself these questions as you plan the remodel office work:
- How much space do I really need, and can I use the space I have more effectively?
- What do I want the entire office area to communicate about the company?
- How do I provide enough private space while also improving camaraderie and communication?
- Are there changes in employee behavior that I want to encourage?
- How do I consider some amount of travel and working from home?
- How much space flexibility needs to be built in?
Great and Easy Updates for Your Office
Increase natural lighting by investing in some new or larger exterior windows.
Improve interior lighting, to brighten the workspace to create a livelier and more appealing environment.
Build a whiteboard or community wall for posting ideas and working together on concepts.
Add some bright colors to add energy.
Provide more room for people to move about and congregate as needed.
Create a lounge area for relaxing and mingling.
Improve the kitchen space.
Consider adding an employee gym or workout area. Perhaps a games area as well.
Enhance all technology aspects.
Provide some common rooms for meetings that facilitate cooperative work. Balance the need for working together with privacy and effective working alone.
Seek Commercial Construction You Can Count On
Contact Carolina Services Inc., based in Charleston, SC, a full-service construction company offering commercial construction, maintenance and repair, space planning, and tenant upfits. Trust Carolina services with your remodel office needs and build a better business.