Skip to main content

ADA Compliance

Accessible office setting wheelchair sign language interpreter

How to Make Your Workplace More Accessible

By ADA Compliance

Accessibility can be a real problem for people with physical limitations, and it is estimated that nearly 61 million Americans do. According to a 2021 study, the number of people with disabilities who are active in the workforce is growing. So, how can you make your workplace more accessible?  When it comes to issues of accessibility, here is what you can do: Recognize Accessibility Barriers The first thing that you need to do is to recognize when something is a barrier…

Read More
CSI Accessible Office Space Can Be Beautiful

An Accessible Office Space Can Be Beautiful

By ADA Compliance

Have you considered whether you truly have an accessible office space? It’s been nearly three decades since the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) created guidelines to protect the rights of people with disabilities.  Only about 6% of disabled people use a wheelchair, but wheelchair accessibility is most people’s first thought when it comes to compliance. What about the other 94%, including those with invisible disabilities?  Having features like curb ramps, wheelchair lifts, and handrails are vital to ADA compliance. But what…

Read More
handicap accessible

What Does Handicap Accessible Mean?

By ADA Compliance, Commercial Space, Construction, Space Planning

When building a business or a home for those that are handicapped, there are a lot of angles that need to be covered. First, lets start with some definitions. Accessible means the degree to which a product, service or environment is available to as many people as possible. Also, the ADA states that “the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination and ensures equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in employment, State and local government services, public accommodations,…

Read More
ADA Alterations

The Importance of ADA Alterations

By ADA Compliance, Construction

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was passed in 1990 and encompasses a set of standards to ensure equality for disabled persons in terms of employment and accessibility to public places. It is the responsibility of a business owner to ensure that their establishment complies with all accessibility standards. These standards, which were revised in 2010, pertain to a variety of architectural aspects including the number and placement of handicap parking spaces, the location and incline of ramps and presence…

Read More